Friday has stumbled in, bleary eyed and in desperate need of a bath and perhaps a coffee. Here is your weekend reading, my friends.
- Food scientist Glenn Davis Stone weighs in on the new doublespeak that defines gene editing as a totally different thing from genetic modification.
- Losing mammoths and other large herbivores allowed ancient grasslands to develop into forests, says a study from the Netherlands Institute of Ecology.
- Galactic black holes may be spewing matter into the mysterious cosmic void
- Player Discovers Secret Menus In Mortal Kombat Games After Over 20 Years
- Pacific Rim 2 is happening, because apparently Legendary was acquired by the Chinese company Wanda, the world’s largest cinema chain
- The main disadvantage of not living in West Texas anymore is that I’m so far from George R. R. Martin’s crazy art project in Santa Fe
And as an apology for my absence, here’s some cats: