I got a new job at the beginning of February. It’s a very, very new startup. Everything is crazy and a little out of control. I am loving every minute of it. I have learned so much about building and running a business over the last few weeks, and I can’t wait to direct all this new understanding and skills at my own projects.
All those plans for world conquest that have been on the back burner for a few years? They’re about to be back on track.
Interesting things I hope to tell you about soon:
- I have a stack of books and other stuff from Staple! I need to write up, plus the SXSW Gaming Expo.
- I have a new hobby painting RPG miniatures, thanks to the Emerald Tavern gaming cafe’s classes and Paint and a Pint events.
- I recently watched the first Korean kaiju movie, a delightful mess of a film from the 1960’s.
- I still need to dig into the second draft of the Unnamed undead space opera I spat out for NaNoWriMo. Soon.
- I’m dipping my toes into another project that might potentially maybe turn into a text based game eventually… <cough>
- If you aren’t reading Monstress, the disturbing and beautiful Image comic by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda, please fix that immediately. It’s incredible.
- Also, the new Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle) movie The Mermaid is weird and hilarious and I can’t recommend it highly enough.